Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Where to begin...

Hi, my name is Scarlet & I am in a DD marriage with my wonderful husband Clark who is my very own Superman ; )
I have been reading many different blogs for the past two years and wanting to start my own but always hesitating because I was nervous about keeping my anonymity-but I have been encouraged by Clark as well as a few women that I have emailed with back and forth, but especially one woman who although she never has pushed me has let me know she is excited for me & has been there for me & helped me process things and I am very greatful to her for her gentle nudges toward starting my own blog-thank you Sass!
How & when did DD start for us?  Well, officially it has been a little over two years that we have been working toward this dynamic, but for me my submission & my journey toward accepting that I am happiest when being submissive has been going on ALOT longer.
Clark is a gentle giant who would never in his wildest dreams have imagined that he would ever spank his wife.  When I first asked him to it was as part of  lighthearted foreplay and nothing else.  I felt that there was something wrong with me for wanting/needing it and so although I felt that something was missing I just kept that to myself & pretended it was just a kink of mine, I was very afraid that my (then) extremely vanilla husband would think less of me & reject me so I just let it be for fun for a very long time.  We didn't do it all the time just on & off, but it got to a point where I began to be frustrated with the fact that it always seemed to end before I got what I was needing from it.  It was shortly after the second of our three children was born that we hit a VERY rough patch in our marriage.  We still had sex but I was not interested at all which was very upsetting because my drive had always been very high and all of a sudden it was non-existent.  We got to this rough patch slowly but once we got there it was really awful all at once.  I had become a person that I really didn't like, I felt very alone & like all the responsibility for our home & children was on me.  I was mean to my husband & he accepted it.  I knew how to tear him down very well.  I am ashamed of it still, but at the time I felt totally justified because my husband wasn't "living up to" what I thought he  "should be" doing as a husband & father.  We went to marriage counseling for a little while & it helped some but we still weren't quite right.  I had always had a very special relationship with my paternal grandmother, she was more like a mother than grandmother to me & I looked up to, & respected her very much.  She was always submissive to my grandfather and they were happily married for over 60 years!  So I talked to her about marriage and slowly I started looking at things differently where my husband was concerned.  I lost her suddenly just over 2yrs ago & I was totally devastated.  We were also trying to get pregnant & having a hard time so things were super stressful and then a friend suggested I read 50 Shades of Gray.  So I did & although the books are not great, they were very helpful to my husband and I because they opened up a dialog that eventually lead to me researching "dominance", "submission", "spanking", and eventually I found domestic discipline blogs and although I was initially horrified, I shared it all with Clark.  Then I finally let myself be honest with myself.  I knew this was what I wanted, to be held accountable, to be loved and cherished and protected and dominated.  I told my husband that I wanted to try it. & he told me that he would be willing to try anything for me.  Anything that would make me keep smiling the way I had been since I read the books & started the research.  So we began, and it's been a long hall!  We have had many ups and downs but we are working together & I no longer feel alone, I know I have my own personal Superman in Clark & we will get past any obstical as long as we work together!   


28 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogging SMH...saw your message over on Dana's blog and came over to visit. DD isn't easy but looks as if you and Clark are doing well. Hope you enjoy blogging...please let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

    Hugs and Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cat,
      Thanks for checking out my blog & commenting-thanks so much for the kind words welcome! I have seen your comments around & you are always giving great support and encouragement to the writer so thank you again for extending that to me!
      Scarlet ; )

      Delete
  2. It never ceases to amaze me, that we all are so much alike... It's great to know I am not alone.. and neither are you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Dana! And thanks for stopping by! It's so great not to feel alone anymore!
    Scarlet ; )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, Scarlet!!!! So glad you 'jumped in', this community is so supportive and helpful, but you already know that. ;-) Can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for helping me by giving me the gentle push I needed! I have been super happy all day!
    Love,
    Scarlet ; )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to blog land. I look forward to getting to know you.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Meredith, I look forward to getting to know you also.
      Scarlet ; )

      Delete
  7. Hooray! It's so exciting to see you here in blogland Scarlet. I hope you know that you can continue to email me behind the scenes anytime!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tess,
      I appreciate your support! I look forward to chatting soon.
      Love,
      Scarlet ; )

      Delete
  8. Welcome, Scarlet! I'm looking forward to reading more about your journey together! Blessings! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Kay-so glad you were able to stop by!
    Blessings to you as well!
    Love,
    Scarlet ; )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello again Scarlet!

    I hope you manage to reap all the wonderful aspects of blogging that I was able to. It can truly be a wonderful community. I always suggested to new bloggers to allow your vulnerability out here. The more true you are to yourself and express it, the more beneficial this blogging business will be.

    Anyway, welcome, welcome!
    willie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Willie! Being vulnerable is something I struggle with so I hope that through blogging as well as Clark's efforts, I will be able to overcome it bit by bit!
      Thanks again!
      Scarlet ; )

      Delete
  11. Welcome! I hope you enjoy your blogging experience! This is a great place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Minelle & thanks for stopping by!
      Scarlet ; )

      Delete
  12. Hello Scarlet. I've seen your comments here and there. It's nice to know some of your story and I look forward to getting to know you and Clark :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Queenie,
      I have "seen" you around also, I look forward to getting to know you as well!
      Scarlet ; )

      Delete
  13. This was like reading my own story! Welcome to blog land! I look forward to getting to know you better ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kris,
      So nice to know I am not alone, and you aren't either!
      I look forward to sharing more & getting to know this community better!
      Scarlet ; )

      Delete
  14. Welcome Scarlet to our neck of the woods. We have all had similar experiences and gone down different pathways in discovering what works well for us with this lifestyle. I enjoyed this first posting and will continue to follow you to see how things are doing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annabelle! It's so nice to finally have my own place to process, vent, share & hopefully connect with & make some great friends! I appreciate your support!
      Scarlet ; )

      Delete
  15. Hey Scarlet,
    One of the best things about ttwd/dd is the change in communication. There are lots of hic ups and bumps along the way - but now more than ever, we (both husbands and wives) are trying to talk sooner and more honestly & openly about whatever went wrong, or whatever we are upset about. And it's awesome how when one of us is weak or unwilling, the other is strong and makes it happen. :)

    hugs,
    Cali

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree wholeheartedly Cali, prior to DD there were many times that one or both of us could see that something was wrong with the other but we would just back away from conflict and hope that things woukd blow over or sometimes end up in a shouting match-I am proud to say there are no more shouting matches in our marriage, and although sometimes I wish Clark would let me run & hide behind my emotional brick walls once he pushes me I almost always feel better once I get whatever is bothering me out on the table!
      Love,
      Scarlet ; )

      Delete
  16. Welcome to Blogland. I hope that your journey brings you everything you need.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lil,
      So far it has been a truly great expirence & I look forward to doing this for a good long time!
      Love,
      Scarlet ; )

      Delete
  17. Hi scarlet and welcome! I look forward to reading more and getting to know you. It sounds like you are off to a great start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zoe,
      I appreciate the comment & look forward to getting to know you also!
      Love,
      Scarlet ; )

      Delete