Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Holding hands across the country....

Yesterday was a special day for me, it marked a "first" between myself and  a new, but very dear friend of mine, Sass of misssassafrass.blogspot.com.  We got to talk for real on the phone!  I found her blog a while back commented and started emailing her which lead to txting & finally to our first phone call.  I was very nervous when I called her, more nervous when she didn't pick up & shaking with nervousness when she called me back two minutes later.  But as soon as I heard her voice I was just instantly at peace.  I loved every minute of our almost hour conversation, we never had even one moment of akward silence, it was as if we had talked a million times before.  Then it hit me, we had talked a million times before, we just hadn't heard each other's voices all the other times.  We were both already invested in each other's lives and so the flow was totally natural.  We spoke again today, of music, our dad's, our wedding days, and then later on via txt I bared my soul to her and shared some things with her that only the closest people in my life know.  Things that are hard to talk about, things that bring up all kinds of hard emotional responses that just plain suck!  But although this conversation all happened via txt I felt as though she was right there at my kitchen table with me, holding my hand as I talked about a part of my life that I wish I could remove from my memory.  She said she wished she could hug me and cry with me. She reminded me that God loves me and has a plan for me.  She reminded me that my husband and children love me, and then, she told me she loved me too.  I feel truly blessed to have found her & it may not be this year, but some time in the not so distant future I know we will get to chat face to face!  Until that day, I will be there holding her hand in spirit, sending her virtual hugs, and thanking God daily for putting her in my life-I love you too Sass!
Love,
Scarlet

12 comments:

  1. Oh Scarlet...I'm sitting here with a great big smile on my face...so happy for you and Sass. It is so wonderful to talk with friends from blogland and not have to watch what you are saying isn't it. I am sure you will have lots of wonderful conversations in the future.

    Hugs and Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cat! It sure is a wonderful feeling! I feel so honered and blessed to be a part of this very special communuty. it really is such a humbling experience to have "strangers" take time out of their day to not only read about, but care about another "stranger's" life....this truly is a special place!
      Love,
      Scarlet ; )

      Delete
  2. Oh, Scarlet, I feel the same way. it was as if we had talked a million times before. This whole community is a fabulous place and I am truly blessed to call you my friend. No matter what the miles or distance know that I'm there with you in spirit also.
    Huge Hugs,
    Sass

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very special & I treasure you! It is truly wonderful to be welcomed into this beautiful community & really feeling at home-thank you for your part in that as well!
      Xoxo!
      Love,
      Scarlet ; )

      Delete
  3. Finally found you. :)

    I just read Sassafrass' post on the same thing. I remember well each of my conversations with friends who I had been chatting with online. I was anxious every time but it all melted away a minute into the conversations. Hope you have lots more of the same!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susie!
      I am very thankful for all the friendships I have made here, they are all very special! I look forward to continuing to make connections with like minded people, and giving as well as receiving support and encouragement when needed.
      Thanks so much for coming by!
      Scarlet ; )

      Delete
  4. Just wait until you actually get to stand in the same room! There is an overwhelming comfort there that you have never felt before. The feeling of being totally naked and being okay with it. Like a comfortable old sweater.

    It is truly magical to connect with another on such a level. I am forever humbled each time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait Willie! Except for the naked part lol! Just kidding! I know you meant it figuratively I'm just being silly ;). It's good to know that it will always be exiciting to have "firsts" with new friends!
      Love,
      Scarlet ; )

      Delete
  5. So much of what you said are my exact words. I don't remember feeling nervous, just super excite to talk on the phone with her. And then I was like a giddy teenager talking to her crush. I was on the chair, then on the couch, then my feet were on the back of the couch, then I walked around outside, sitting on the porch, then the back yard, then the kitchen table etc. It was a-maz-ing - to say the least.

    Just as it was for you, it was for us. Just easy, comfortable.

    Oh my goodness - I am so happy for you and Sass. Everyone needs that and it's so special when you find it! I am thrilled you both have found it.

    PS - I'm excited to get to know you better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha Sarah! Exactly a giddy school girl with a crush is a perfect discription of how I have been lately! Clark was teasing me one night when she & I were txting saying that I was like a teenager with a new boyfriend lol!
    Thank you so much for helping to make me feel welcome & I look forward to getting to know you better too!
    Love,
    Scarlet ; )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Scarlet,
    I've got the biggest smile on my face! I so understand that giddy feeling - it's so awesome to connect with someone here and then to hear their voice and feel like you are 'old' friends with no awkwardness or discomfort - just joy!
    I'm so glad that you found such a special connection with Sass. I know she was longing for that too and it's such a blessing for you both. :)
    hugs,
    Cali

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Cali!
    I truly is such a blessing! I know what a gift it is so I am treating it as such. I am so touched by this community's ability to feel each other's joy as well as pain- this really is a very special place to be!
    Thank you for coming by!
    Love,
    Scarlet ; )

    ReplyDelete